This is somewhat boring but very important.
At Absolute Radio, we respect your privacy. Our main policy is "if we wouldn't like it, we won't do it to you", which looks strangely sinister when written down like that.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is TIML Radio Limited (trading as Absolute Radio) of One Golden Square, London W1F 9DJ.
Information we may collect on you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Absolute Radio website. This includes information provided at the time of registering as an Absolute Radio Account holder, entering a competition, or posting material including comments or suggestions.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources that you access.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Where we store your personal data
Notwithstanding the above, we currently hold all data in the UK.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To personalise our products and services for you.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these. However, we only share your details (typically your name and email address) with third parties when you have given explicit permission for us to do so. Normally this is so that you get more information about something you're interested in. We may also pass your details to our agents acting on our behalf, for example people organising a prize you've won. Your personal information will not be supplied to any other persons without first obtaining your consent unless we are obliged by law to disclose it.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users. We may make use of the data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by delivering their advertisement to that target audience.
By becoming an Absolute Radio Account holder, you'll get an email every week from us, and occasionally an extra one when we've something great to tell you. Every newsletter comes with an unsubscribe link, which allows you to both unsubscribe and, should you choose to, remove all your details from our system. We hope you'll never use it, of course. But it does work.
To get our newsletter, we require you to actively confirm your email address ("double opt-in") with us. You will never get our newsletter unsolicited. If, you report us to your ISP as spam, you are harming our relationship with that ISP and may stop other users getting our newsletter. This is bad. If we get notification of a spam report from you from an ISP, we may immediately delete all your information with us - including any competition entries you might have with us, any information you've stored on our servers (like bookmarks), and your Account may also be closed down. Our unsubscribe link at the bottom of the newsletter does work: please use that, and please don't erroneously report us as spam.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at Interactive Media Department, Absolute Radio, No. 1 Golden Square, London W1F 9DJ.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a small charge to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
In addition, we give you the following options for managing or removing your information from our database:
To remove your details:
- Go to your account settings on absoluteradio.co.uk, click the ‘delete my account’ button and follow the instructions.
- Send us an email through the website to 'Website feedback'. Be sure to include your name and request full removal from our database.
- Write to us: Interactive Media Department, Absolute Radio, No. 1 Golden Square, London W1F 9DJ. Be sure to include your name, email address, a contact number and clear instructions on what you would like us to do.
To amend your details:
- Access and amend your details via your Absolute Radio Account settings.
- Send us an email through the website to 'Website feedback'. Be sure to include your name and clear instructions on what you would like us to do.
We do change this policy from time to time. If we do change this policy in any way, we will place an updated version on these pages. Regularly reviewing this page ensures that you are always aware of what information we collect and how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we will share it with other parties.
If you are 16 years or under, you must obtain your parent's/guardian's permission before you disclose any personal information to us. If you do not have this permission, you must not provide us with any personal information.
If you have your parent's/guardian's permission to use our forums or other public areas on this site, you must never reveal any information in public that would identify you, for example, your name, address, telephone number or your email address.
Notwithstanding the above, please note that Absolute Radio Accounts and entry to competitions is restricted to people over the age of 18.
Please note that the laws and regulations in different countries impose different (and even conflicting) requirements on the internet and data protection. Absolute Radio is located in the UK, as are the primary servers that make this site available worldwide. English law primarily governs matters relating to our site. If you are located outside the UK and you contact us, please note that any information you provide will be transferred to the UK and by submitting the information you authorise this transfer.