This is somewhat boring but very important.
Information about our cookies
More detail on the cookies we use on this website can be found below. This information is correct as of 31 August 2012 and we will update it as and when we introduce new functionality to the site.
Strictly necessary cookies
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies, the services you have asked for, like shopping baskets or e-billing, cannot be provided. Absolute Radio uses strictly necessary cookies to:
- Validate web forms when you send us an email or enter a competition from the website. We use the CAPTCHA method to do this, which requires a cookie to be set on your computer.
We use these cookies to collect information about how you use our website. These cookies don't collect information that identify you. The information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how our website works. Absolute Radio uses performance cookies to:
- Log which videos you have watched and count how many times each one is viewed in our video player. This allows us to recommend similar and popular videos to you.
- Log how often you listen to an Absolute Radio station via our Radioplayer.
- Log when you return to the website if you are signed into an Absolute Radio Account. We use this to monitor and improve account holder services.
These cookies allow our website to remember choices you make and provide enhanced, more personalised features. The information these cookies collect is anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites. Absolute Radio uses functionality cookies to:
- Check whether you are signed into your Absolute Radio Account so that you can access account benefits and so that we can provide an additional level of security when accessing your account settings page.
- Determine the audio quality in our Radioplayer and video quality in our video player, as set by you.
- Remember which songs you have added to your iMix playlist.
- Prevent cheating in our quizzes and multiple vote rigging in our online polls.
- If you are not a logged-in listener, record the last time and number of times you skip the Absolute Radio Account sign-in screen on our Radioplayer. This prevents the message from appearing multiple times in the same day, once skipped.
Targeting & Advertising cookies
These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. In addition to the uses directly below, additional cookies may be placed by advertising networks with Absolute Radio's permission. You can find out more about these third party cookies in the next section below. Absolute Radio uses its own targeting & advertising cookies to:
- Log what adverts a logged-in Absolute Radio Account holder hears or sees an advert while listening to an Absolute Radio station on our Radioplayer.
- Cap the number of times you see an advertisement before you can listen to an Absolute Radio station on our Radioplayer or watch a video in our video player.
Third party cookies
|Issued by||Cookie type||Information available at|
|Radioplayer||Performance & Functionality||http://www.radioplayer.co.uk/|
|AddThis||Performance & Functionality||http://www.addthis.com/|
|Performance & Functionality||https://www.facebook.com/|
|Performance & Functionality||https://twitter.com/|
|Google+||Performance & Functionality||http://www.google.com/|
|Google Adsense||Targeting & Advertising||http://www.google.com/|
|247 Media||Targeting & Advertising||http://www.247media.com/|
|Adswizz||Targeting & Advertising||http://www.adswizz.com/|
|AdMob||Targeting & Advertising||http://www.admob.com/|
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse some or all cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
All our cookies have an expiry date that varies depending on their functionality. Some will expire after your current browsing session while others will expire after two years.
In addition to the information we provide in this Cookies Policy, you can find out more information about your online choices at youronlinechoices.eu